Wild Ginger is run by Rachel Shepherd, based in the UK since 2017. I sell to customers in the UK, EU and worldwide. I also sell at craft fairs, through Etsy, Facebook and Instagram, and on this site.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (via PayPal online and SumUp at fairs – I do not have access to bank details), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if
required by tax law
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies (Royal
Mail) and payment processing (PayPal). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond
to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other
illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Residents in certain territories (EU etc) have various rights regarding personal information.
• Access: You may have the right to access/receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you.
• Change, restrict, delete: You also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. I will generally delete your personal
information upon request.
• Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests; (ii) receiving marketing messages from me
after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have legitimate grounds to
continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain: EU residents concerned about my use of information have the right to raise concerns with local data protection authorities.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I Rachel Shepherd, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at: Rachel Shepherd, 81 St Thomas Road, Sheffield, S10 1UW, or use the contact form on my contact page.